Just imagine, Relaxation Techniques for Stress Relief that really work.
Use these relaxation techniques anytime, anyplace for relief from stress and anxiety. Start your day over—leaving behind stress, anxiety, and worries with these techniques.
Relaxation Techniques for Stress Relief
1. Breathing Stress Away
- Take about five long and deep breaths—inhaling through your nose, and exhaling through your lips.
- Make your mind re-focus from the stress of the moment and focus all of your attention on your nose and lips with each breath.
2. Self Relaxation Techniques at Work
- Get up and move around every hour for as little as a couple of minutes each time. This will cause your blood to circulate throughout your body. Knowing How to Relax at work makes you more focused and alert.
- Roll your head around in circles and from side to side with your eyes closed. This is a great technique to relax neck muscles, relieve built up tension, and increase the blood flow to your brain.
- Stretch your back and sides by standing with feet about a shoulder width apart.
- Twist your upper body from side to side.
- Place the back of your left hand against your chest, and the palm of your right hand on the palm of your left hand.
- Now clasp your fingertips together and your elbows lifted, use one arm to pull and stretch your body around as far as you can, before using the other arm to do the same thing.
- This relaxation technique will loosen your back muscles; open your spine, and release tension and relieve anxiety from your entire body.
- Make time during lunch for a walk. Walking for even a short distance will clear your mind, increase blood flow, and naturally release stress, tension, worry, and anxiety.
3. Daydreaming stress away
- There is something magical about escaping from the reality and rush of life’s routines with a daydream. Daydreaming is instant relief from stress.
- Start by taking a moment to remember a very pleasant time in your life. A moment during a vacation, or that feeling that comes with success; anything that has good feelings attached to it. Practice imagining that moment. Go back there and smell how it smelled, and hear the sounds. Remember as precisely as possible everything about that moment.
- If you can learn to focus your attention like this for 5 minutes at the time, not only will you find a guaranteed method of relaxing and ditching stress, but you will be astounded at the difference in how you perceive all of your circumstances.
4. Try smiling stress away
- Make it a conscious habit to smile at other people. You will be amazed at the positive reactions you get from everybody, even strangers, when you give them the smile.
- At work you can smile to relax, and co-workers will be able to relax with you. Think what an asset you could be to the world by just smiling your way through the days.
- Whatever you do, smile at your children. You can be responsible for changing the rest of their lives with an encouraging smile from you.
5. Laughter is truly the best medicine
- Being stressed, anxious, or worried are all the very opposite of being open and relaxed. Instead of clutching at stress like it’s something someone is trying to take from you, use every opportunity to have a good laugh. Whenever possible look for ways to get someone else to laugh with you. Two are always better than one.
- Play silly games with your children and laugh with them. Children are always willing to laugh and have a good time, so take advantage of their stress free laughter.
- Make it your intent to rent some hilarious movies to watch, or find them on TV. You just can’t be stressed out while you’re having a good belly laugh.
These easy relaxation techniques for stress relief will help you get through the day stress free. So, enjoy life and chill out.
These stress relaxation techniques cost nothing more than you giving up your stress. And they work!